Our friend Jennifer Smith of Camille Styles kindly asked us to put together some favorite gifts for the holidays. Take a look at our round up and some questions we answered about the holidays right here. Happy to be in such great company with gift guides by Lizzie Garrett (from my favorite Tomboy Style), Samantha French, and Mary Matson!
The Gift Collective guides keep rolling in! Here's a great post for the gardener in your life, curated by our friend Mary Kathyrn of Loretta Flower. Mary Kathryn puts together the best arrangements in town and can style a shoot like no one's business.
1. Navajo Inlay Pocketknife from Spartan Carrying a pocket knife around not only means you're prepared, it also makes you kind of a badass. Especially when it's as fine-lookin' as this.
2. Weleda Spray Deodorant in Sage at Whole Foods All that sweat and whiskey can add up in a bad way--give 'em a gentle hint with this gift. This spray is all-natural, smells amazing, and really works, even on those hot August days.
3. Goatskin Gloves from The Natural Gardener For the ladies who don't want to get their hands too dirty, these gloves are really durable but super-soft and easy on your hands (read: no calluses or blisters).
4.Corner Creek Reserve Bourbon from Wiggy's Wine & Spirits People who work hard need to unwind in a serious way. This bourbon is amazing to sip on at the end of a long day, and at $20/bottle is very affordable.
5. L.L. Bean Maine Hunting Boot So very fine and can last through just about any conditions. My dad still has the pair he bought in 1965.
6. Klein Tool Bag Beautiful, affordable, tough, and classic. And it just gets better with age.
7. Smartwool socks from Whole Earth Provision Co. Yeah, okay, so no one likes getting socks for Christmas. But these are so much better than your standard-issue gold-toe. They last forever, are comfy, and keep your feet toasty warm in the winter.
Another thoughtful Gift Collective guide, this time from Adrienne Breaux of 2Modern. Her guide focuses on gifts that are simple, clever, and lovely. Check out more of Adrienne's writing on 2Modern's blog.
1. Studio Patro's Linen Market Bag says "carry" on one side and "goods" on the other and happens to be a clever and modern way to buy groceries or tote your daily items around (it even has pockets for keys and phone). 2. Even if you're buying for a foodie or not, everyone likes food that tastes good and everyone can enjoy the simplicity and functionality of this black and white Marble Salt & Pepper Cellar Set. 3. A set of four of Pigeon Toe's Banded Wood Coasters are warm and clean and a perfect gift for anyone who drinks beverages of any sort. 4. Ferm Living's Cutting Board 1 is like a home plate for your counter top. You'll hit a home run with this gift. 5. People need to see and they'll see their work in a whole new light with the &Tradition AJ3 Bellevue Table Lamp. 6. Artist and art director Heather Chontos just started another business, Milk Farm Road, and these Painted Spoons are beautiful and functional. 7.Vessel's Planter designed by John Follis is made for plants, but its fresh and simple aesthetic means the gift receiver will be able to use it nearly any way and anywhere they'd like.